Experienced Landscape Architect
We would like to welcome to the team a landscape architect with between three and seven years experience. We are hoping to appoint a talented design landscape architect, ideally with experience of the whole design process through to completion.
Our work is tremendously varied. We work on a very broad range of projects from landscape masterplans, residential developments, active travel, SuDs, public space and street design, care environments and education facilities. There are considerable opportunities to interlink with our planning and urban design teams on live projects that are all about placemaking.
We have studios in Cardiff and Bristol and would welcome applications from people interested in either city. Our new colleague will have a flexible attitude to travel between these offices in order to foster good working relationships and company culture between our two studio locations. We also promote working from home for part of the week and would discuss preferences for this as part of the interview process.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Degree and Masters in Landscape Architecture from a recognised UK University
• A strong work ethic and a desire to work on a wide range of projects in a fast paced design studio
• Good design skills and an excellent portfolio based upon academic work and experience gained from another consultancy
• Be either already a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute or have an ambition to become one
• An ability to produce plans and supporting imagery using CAD (Vectorworks experience is preferred) and Adobe Creative Suite
• Wider interests in placemaking, sustainability and urban design will be highly desirable.
Our ideal new colleague will be an experienced Vectorworks user. However, we will consider applications from professionals who can demonstrate adaptability and are able to commit to learning Vectorworks as their core drawing tool, with training support provided to enable this.
Our team culture is of vital importance to us as an Employee Owned business. We will only appoint people who want to be part of, and contribute to, an enjoyable, engaging and professional working environment. We like people who ask questions, look for solutions, help others and who want to find better ways of doing things. As well as those who can share what they have done previously to overcome challenges.
Importance of Placemaking
Irrespective of the skillset a passion for making places and improving our environment is paramount. Placemaking is a collaborative exercise so our ideal new landscape architect(s) will be adaptable and curious about planning, urban design, engineering, sustainability, ecology and architecture.
Salary and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, matched against industry trends. All of our team automatically become part of The Urbanists Trust, which is a forum to discuss and influence the company and enables employees to share in the success of the business as a whole.